Friday, July 3, 2009

Understanding cultural differences or giving away forgotten gift - slide show;-)

Hello! Namaste! Ahoj! Marhaba!

Today, I have decided to share with you few slides, which have been stored in the folder of my desktop for almost 2 months. Originally I have made this document about Understanding cultural differences, to spread the awareness among colleagues in the business consulting world as my expression of care and importance to make our work environment effective and friendly, in case of any multicultural interactions.


I simply backed off, when,common reaction was:

“What for should if I know about it, I don’t work with Indians or Arabs?”



But, I have changed my mind, because:

“If posting that slide deck “On Cultures” will help one person to learn something new, it will be 100% more compared to zero audience, while document was stored in the PC, isn’t it?”

Super cool, then!

I am delighted to share with you my first uploaded presentation.
Here we go, gift for YOU!



I am looking forward to hear your thoughts, and please educate me, if any of the mentioned my -own - experience based observations can be interpreted in more precise way!

Have a super cool Friday
Cheers,
i.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This doc puts me in the right line, when i greeted you in Slovak, hence, i like the article:P :P

The points about the Arabs and Indians are pretty appropriate :) especially the head-shaking and the 'never say no' attitude :D

I completely agree with the point that understanding different cultures brings more value to yourself and your company. Maybe not directly, but it always does :)

Job well executed ;)

Ivana Sendecka said...

Thank you Ismail, for your time and effort to express your mind;-)
super cool! and i can only agree with you, that there is value added meaning behind being aware about difference among cultures. i consider lack of education in the schools about it, like handicap for children who gonna live in the bordeless globalised world.
so, let us spread the word as much as we can!;-)
cheers from slovakia
i.

Michael Benidt said...

Oh my goodness, you have certainly made me feel uncomfortable! As one of the ugliest of Ugly Americans, I speak no foreign languages and find that to be the biggest impediment to learning and appreciating other cultures. But, your post has motivated me. It's good to feel uncomfortable. And, I'm going to put the Google Translator tab to work and try to reach out more.

Sheryl and I have a saying for our workshops and speeches: "Today, you're in the information business - no matter what business you're in."

We need to add: "Today, your business is international - no matter what business you're in."

Ivana Sendecka said...

:-)
you rock Michael, thank you for comments, thanks for tweets and spreading the word.
More over thanks for the link on Seth's blog, certainly must read for everyone, who is working with powerpoint http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2007/01/really_bad_powe.html

Peterino said...

I like your "Lifelong Learner" on the business card on the last page... :-) Have a great day!!

Ivana Sendecka said...

Thank you for stopping by "Linus";-)
Indeed, we are never done with learning;-)
Have a super cool day;-)
cheers,
i.